Carolina Panorama will host the sixth Annual Legacy of Black Business Awards Gala on Friday, October 11, 2019 at the GALA by JW located at 533 Clemson Road. The program will begin with a reception at 6:00 p.m. followed by dinner and awards banquet.
The annual gala is a part of the mission of Carolina Panorama’s publisher Nate Abraham to promote the economic growth of African-American businesses. Previous year’s honorees were pioneers in business:
• 2013 the Gala honored business that operated for 40 years or more and through 2 or more generations
• 2014 businesses in Charleston honored in a joint venture with Peacock Media
• 2017 businesses in Orangeburg that served the community for 25 years or more were honored
• 2017 historic businesses in Columbia “Black Wall Street” on Washington Street were honored
• 2018 businesses in the Historic District of Waverly that served for 30 years or more were honored
This year, suggestions were sought from the community. This year the Gala will highlight and honor businesses that have made a mark in community involvement, positive impact in the community, overcoming adversity, and innovation.
Tickets are on sale for $75, and tables are available for $600. Tickets can be purchased at www.CarolinaBoxOffice.com. Sponsorships are available by calling (803) 256-4015.