Cheryl Y. Harris (center), President of the South Carolina Caucus of Black School Board Members, held a press conference on Monday, January 27, 2020 at the State House to address their concerns about Senate Bill S.419. The group is against provisions in the bill that would allow the state superintendent of education to dissolve a school board and take over a district if it underperforms for three consecutive years, it loses accreditation or if there is financial mismanagement. The SCCBSCM says that legislation would unfairly target majority-Black school districts.
Find a local business
Businesses 2 Follow
- MARY LEE HENDRIX
- Columbia entrepreneur invited to join Forbes Business Council
- The Columbia Writer’s Alliance to host “The Impact of Black History: Much More than a Defined Era”
- Columbia Branch of NAUW honors caregivers
- Blythewood History Society to host Black History event
- Civil Rights veteran revisits school victory
- Application process open for Accommodations Tax & Hospitality Tax Grant Funding
- Voorhees founder gets inducted into the SC Hall of Fame
- CIAA Minority Business & Leadership Symposium to be held in Charlotte
- Cayce - West Columbia names The COMET its Small Business of the Year
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.